Sign up to our newsletter: HERE
The Eco Village Development Company CIC*
Our company was created to address some of the most challenging problems that face our society today;
- Affordable housing & homelessness – Buying a house is out of reach for more and more people, particularly the young. Renting is also often out of reach for many, which can lead to homelessness.
- Environmental damage – The way we are living our lives in the 21st century is environmentally unsustainable. We promote living in harmony with nature using the principles of permaculture.
- Loneliness and isolation – Individualism, greed, meaninglessnes and self absorption have created enormous suffering in this world. We aim to help people understand their loving, giving and nurturing real selves. Communities are where we can care for each other, learn from each other and have an integrated, meaningful life.
Peter Blok has designed affordable wooden eco-houses which can be made locally and delivered on-site as complete units requiring only quick, simple self-assembly. They can be off-grid with solar powered under floor heating, rain water recycling, grey water recycling, compost toilets and solar energy generation.
Also, by educating people in how to live in a more environmentally sustainable way we can equip them to reap the benefits of Permaculture in their everyday lives, namely by;
– Reducing Cost
– Producing less Waste
– Less harmful chemical exposure
– Creating less Pollution
– Developing Community Values
– Promoting Self Reliance and Diversity
– Promoting Green Living
– Helping in Improving Environmental Conditions